Roasting your own savoury roasted almonds is much cheaper then buying them ready made. You also have greater control over what goes into them. So, no nasties.
Roasted almonds have a crisper texture than raw almonds and the added flavours make them ideal for serving with cocktails and drinks.
Recipe for savoury roasted almonds with sesame, honey and soy
These deliciously moreish roasted almonds have a delicious crunch and a nutty depth accented with sweet and savoury notes. Optional 5 spice turns up the Asian volume.
2 cups raw Australian almonds
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice (optional)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Toss the almonds in the oil and put them on the tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Tip the almonds into a bowl with the honey, soy sauce, five spice and sesame seeds.
- Stir well to coat and put back on the tray.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes, turning often.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool.
The post Recipe for savoury roasted almonds with sesame, honey and soy appeared first on Food Blog.